Laguna International Industrial Park (LIIP) marks 25th anniversary

It’s a Silver Year for LIIP. Members of the LIIP Board and guests during the industrial park’s 25th anniversary celebration and inauguration of LIIP Business Center. (From left) Hon. Rommel Dicdican, ABC President Biñan City; Simplicio P. Umali, Jr.–LIIPAI President/President and GM of Gardenia Bakeries (Phils.) Inc.; Rep. Marlyn “Len-Len” Alonte-Naguiat–Congresswoman of lone district of Biñan, Laguna; Atty. Elena S. Lim–LIIPAI, Chairman Emeritus; Jane Sanchez–PEZA LIIP Zone Manager; Yong-Soo Kim–Samsung President Southeast Asia & Oceania RHQ


The Laguna International Industrial Park (LIIP) marked a new milestone to highlight its 25th anniversary last March.

“LIIP now has a Multi-Story Business Center Building owned by the Association Members,” proudly declared by Estate Manager Gil Ra Abaquin.

“The ground floor is for commercial use and can accommodate businesses such as a bank and a convenience store,” he said. “The remaining three floors are set aside for offices. We are proud to say that the building has its own elevators exclusively for the tenants use.”

According to the LIIP Estate Manager, the floor area of the building is approximately 1,200 square meters.

LIIP Business Center

“Each floor has approximately 300 square meters for office space while the roof deck can be used as a function room,” he added. “A business is already using the third floor. Several other companies have also expressed Interest in using the business center.”

Estate Manager Abaquin explained that the main advantage of LIIP compared to other industrial parks was its direct proximity to the South Luzon Expressway.

“Once you exit this industrial park, you’re already at the SLEX,” he said. “It’s easily accessible whether you’re north bound or south bound,” he explained.

The Laguna International Industrial Park was established as a joint venture between Samsung Corporation and Solid Corporation in early 1990’s. Direct management of the facility was turned over to the Laguna International Industrial Park Association, Inc. (LIIPAI) in 1993.

The Estate Manager said that the entire facility occupies a total of 117 hectares with 30% set aside as a special economic zone under PEZA and the remaining 70% designated as a general industry zone.

Laguna International Industrial Park (LIIP) Estate Manager Gil Ra Abaquin

“Beginning in 1993, the LIIPAI is composed of all locators and investors in the industrial park,” the administrator explained. “Today, the Laguna International Industrial Park hosts over 60 businesses that employ at least 15,000 people.”

“Among the leading companies here are Gardenia Bakeries (Phils.) Inc., Universal Robina Corporation, Optodev, Inc., and Columbian Motors, among others,” he said. “The long list of firms here includes Hanes Brands (Phils) and Century Pacific Food Inc. They are among the big companies here that employ thousands of people.

“The Laguna International Industrial Park can be described as a self-sufficient facility. It has its own deep well water systems and three elevated water tanks,” he said. “We also have our own sewage treatment plant, which is certified by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources, and a Meralco sub-station is located within the industrial park.”

 LIIPAI Core Group

A professional security force supplemented by a detachment from the Philippine National Police (PNP) protects the facility, he added.

“Aside from providing round-the clock protection, the security force can also function as a fire brigade which is equipped with its own fire trucks and other emergency vehicles when needed,” he said.

The industrial park has its own multi-purpose covered court that can be used for various company activities or for outreach programs such as medical and dental mission, which is an annual activity of LIIPAI to give back to the community.

The Laguna International Industrial Park is located at Barangays Mamplasan/Ganado  Biñan, Laguna. LIIP is accessible via South Luzon Expressway, Exit 36, through   Greenfield/Unilab/LIIP Exit.

Commercial and Office spaces are still available at LIIP Business Center. For those interested, you may contact through: Website: Email: liipai@ Tel nos.: (02) 552-5086 or (049) 539-0085

 Located at Barangay Ganado and Barangay Mamplasan in Biñan, Laguna, the Laguna International Industrial Park (LIIP) covers a total of 117 hectares, of which 30 hectares are allocated to the Philippine Export Zone Authority (PEZA)



More Stories